Thursday 16 July 2009

Sixth

Ten more minutes. Just ten more minutes, and my life will be changed forever.

Okay so maybe watching Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince on the premiere night won't make sure a difference to the dull and hectic life of mine, but the thrill of being one the first to do so rocks.

Just ten more minutes. I chew on more popcorn to pass the friggin time, which somehow decided to make like a snail, if you know what I mean.

"Oh my god, did you hear that?!"

Did I mention I'm with my mom?

"That song had the 'F' word in it!" she exclaims.

I realise that she's talking about the song that's being played before the movie starts. An Avenged Sevenfold song, if I'm not mistaken. Seriously wrong song to be played in a theatre filled with parents and their kids. Seriously.

Sighing, I reply. "If one word in a song like that get's you into a fit, then you have a lot more to be worried about."

I chew more popcorn. I have a feeling I will need it to get me through the night.

"...is this the movie where that Harry Potter guy goes nude?"

Oh for goodness sake.

"What?! No! That's Equus! That's totally different! That was on stage! That wasn't even Harry Potter!" I say.

Now it's she who sighs. "Oh. But I came for the movie thinking that he was going to be naked."

Popcorn. I need popcorn.

***

Two and a half hours later (of which one hour I found my mother sleeping), we emerge from the theatre and make our way back to the car. I can't help but express my genuine love for the movie. Top notch. Awesome-ness.

When we get into the car, my mother asks:

"So, this Voldemort fellow. He is evil is it?"

Popcorn. I need popcorn.

No comments: