Saturday 8 August 2009

Monday

I am usually overcome with the Monday blues on Mondays. Not today however. My day starts pretty well.

I enter class early to prepare for my Japanese assignment the next day. Damn. I'm so gonna die. I can barely speak Japanese. Damn.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll somehow obtain the ability to speak fluently by tomorrow evening. Hey! It could happen. Lot's of stuff happen overnight. Ask Hilary Clinton.

So then class starts when Mr Koay enters. Somehow, Mr Koay is very patient. He will walk from one wall to the other asking "Any problems?"

Really, I counted. The record for my semester is 10-20 times. He kept asking when everyone had just entered class and wasn't ready.

Then someone says "Question 6"



Mr Koay: OK. So write 15! in the full form lah. So 15 x 14 x 13 and so on lah. Then 15 is 3 x 5 lah. And 14 is 7 x 2 lah. And 13 is 13 lah. Then 12 is 2 x 2 x 3 so 2^2 x 3 lah. Then 11 is 11 lah. Then 10 is 2 x 5 lah. 9 is 3^2 lah. 8 is 2^3. 7 is 7 lah. 6 is 2 x 3 and 5 is 5 lah. Then 4 is 2^2 lah. Then 3 x 2 x 1 lah. Then you get 2^11 x 3^6 x 5^3 x 7^2 x 11 x 13 lah.


I laugh all through his explanantion. I mean, it's effective because he's writing on the board and explaining it well, yet it's so damn funneh the way he says it. Mr Koay is like one the lecturers who can't put me to sleep. :)

Speaking of laugh, have you met Xiu Quan?


This guy never fails to crack me up. Really. I've come to a point where I laugh when I look at his face. He thinks I'm weird (To be specific he thinks I'm a so hai) but still, he said he understands. When I told him he's a funny guy, he said that many people have told him that.

When we get to the computer lab, we take two computers. He teaches me how to set the language input to Japanese, so that I can type in Japanese for the report. So, I follow his instructions and manage to do it. But when I turn to him, he's staring at the monitor.

"I cannot change to Japanese leh.." he says.

"Try to click this one...then this then this..." I suggest to him, showing him which icon to click.

Finally he gets the right one. "Ah got it d...in Hiragana now," he says.

"Okay, but the thing you're supposed to type is in English, you know," I say.

The look on his face is priceless.

No comments: