Sunday 11 May 2008

I hate the Harry Potter Movies: Part Troix

Okay we're into Part Three of my 'I hate the Harry Potter movies' posts. Here are more lines.

Harry Potter: [to Dumbledore] LOOK AT ME!... What's happening to me?
Oh boo hoo Harry Potter. Like, grow a pair. *rolls eyes*

Lord Voldemort: [to Dumbledore] You've lost, old man.
Harry Potter: [to Voldemort] You're the weak one. And you'll never know love,or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.
Albus Dumbledore: [looking down at Harry that is being tortured by Voldemort in his mind] Harry... It's not how you are alike. It's how you are not...
*sigh* Let me just ask this. Voldemort is possessing Harry is he not? So why does Harry have to ability to control his speech? Hmm? No, I refuse to accept your answer because it is invalid. Next, Voldemort is in the middle of torturing Harry and suddenly Dumbledore hops in and makes a smart ass comment like that. Where is the damn relevance? Hello ...?

Lucius Malfoy: [walking with Bellatrix slowly up to Harry] Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord. Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant. Don't you want to know the secret, of your scar. All of the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me, I can show you everything.
Ehem ... Excuse me? The secret of your scar? He knows the secret of his scar thank you very much Mr Malfoy. It was explained by the original Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It's called retrospect. Look into it.

Albus Dumbledore: [after Sirius' death] I know how you feel, Harry.
Harry Potter: No you don't.
[pause]
Harry Potter: It's my fault.
Albus Dumbledore: No, the fault is mine. I knew it was only a matter of time before Voldemort made the connection between you. I thought by distancing myself from you, as I have done all year, he'd be less tempted and therefore you might be more protected.
Harry Potter: The prophecy said neither one can live while the other one survives. It means one of us is going to have to kill the other, in the end.
Albus Dumbledore: Yes.
Harry Potter: Why didn't you tell me?
Albus Dumbledore: For the same reason you tried to save Sirius. For the same reason your friends saved you. After all these years, after all you've suffered, I didn't want to cause you any more pain. I cared too much about you.
I was just so upset with this scene. So bliddy upset! I was expecting some shouting, screaming, crying, or at least some breaking china. This scene was supposed to be the most powerful scene of the movie as the tension between these two characters was so high; anyone who has read the book will know what I mean. *sniffs*

So Dumbledore thought he was "protecting Harry" is it? He thought "distancing" himself from Harry will make Voldemort "less tempted" to use Harry? Exactly how does that logic fit into perspective? Voldemort wants Harry. The "connection" between the both of them allows Voldemort to access Harry's thoughts. This will allow Voldemort to use Harry in any way, which in time can also be the cause for Harry's death by Voldemort. Did you see Dumbledore's name anywhere in the picture? No. Thus Dumbledore is nothing but an obstacle to Voldemort in his efforts to get Harry, and by "distancing" himself from Harry, as he has done "all year", he has actually given Voldemort the green light to do what ever he wanted with Harry. Bad Dumbledore. (just to remind your good self, I am speaking in terms of the movie)

Next, Harry asked Dumbledore why did he not tell him (Harry) about the prophecy. Dumbledore answers that he cared too much about Harry. That had got to be the biggest lie I have ever seen anyone say with a straight face. If he cared about Harry, he would have told Harry about the prophecy, about the "connection" between him (Harry) and Voldemort, about the Order of the Phoenix and their plans, and everything else including the ... er ... secret of his scar. But he did not, did he? He kept Harry in the dark about everything throughout the summer and throughout the year, in fact, unless something were to happen and he was forced to tell Harry about it. ( "Oh Harry, you saw Ron's father being attacked by gigantic serpent? Well now is the time for me to tell you that you and Voldemort have a connection. Mm-hmm *nods* don't look at me that way boy; these things happen" ) PFFT.

Now we know one fact: Dumbledore never cared for Harry in the first place. He treated Harry like dirt throughout the year and I will tell you the reason for this. He was pissed at Harry because when he believed Harry and told the everyone about Voldemort's return, people called him a lunatic and called him a nutter, and he lost all this high positions in the Ministry of Magic. So because of all this, he treated Harry badly and told him lies. The only truth he ever spoke to Harry was when he said "No, the fault is mine." That much I can tell you.


Coming up:
Potter 3, 4, 5: Ruined or destroyed?

No comments: