Wednesday 24 August 2011

The OC

It's been so long that I forgot that there used to be an awesome show called The OC long long ago back in the day. It was friggin awesome show.

We've been on the run, driving in the sun, lookin' out for number one, California here we come~

Oh god I miss this show. I remember the first time I watched it. I saw a box set sitting on the table one night, and found out that my sister had borrowed a new show from her friend called The OC. Sounds dumb, I thought. Who knew a newfound love and adoration for a television series started there and then itself.

Okay so it didn't start with intrigue or curiosity, I can tell you that. It started with boredom and the lack of studying for PMR. I used to stay up late to 'study' for the impending doom (or so I thought it was, as I always assume for upcoming exams) that was PMR. The prospect of death and massacre whilst attempting the exam didn't scare me as much as I thought it would because I managed to squeeze some reading and tv watching during those 'study' hours. And when I say some, I mean a lot.

I started reading the Shopaholic series during my 'study' time. That was only because I had no other books to read in the house except for the (tons of) motivational books ('Who Moved My Cheese?' anyone?) my dad kept upstairs and the the books my sister had. So obviously I chose the latter.

Then came The OC. Ah. The OC. Once I started I couldn't stop. I watched at least three episodes per night. Two seasons. Oh the joy.

The show started off quite well, with Ryan Atwood the bad boy brought to a new town he was most unaccustomed to, by his lawyer, when Ryan gets into trouble. When Ryan's family leaves home without him his lawyer, Sandy Cohen decides to take him in. Ryan, while being smart and grateful to the Cohens for their hospitality and kindness just can't help but get into trouble. He frequently drags the Cohens' son Seth into his issues mostly because Seth pretty much an asshole who can't shut up to save his life. Despite his track record, Ryan's an awesome guy. He's nice to Seth; they become best friends (obviously). A lot of typical high-class society drama comes up in the show as expected of these kinds of shows but they weren't so bad. I mean the town bully who was the girl-next-door Marissa Cooper's boyfried (typical) found out that his dad was gay (atypical). Looool. The show was so awesome.

And I can't remember why I stopped watching it. I should go get the box sets. <3


No comments: