Sunday 7 March 2010

Oscar expectations!

Okay here are the nominees I think will win at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards.

Best Picture:
Avatar, no contest. Ok there's The Hurt Locker and Inglorious Basterds but I think it'll be Avatar.



Best Actor:
Jeff Bridges
I dunno. I haven't seen the movie. Something just tells me that he's gonna win. :P



Best Actress:
Sandra Bullock

For sure, it's gonna be her. Meryl Streep aint gonna win again. Sandra Bullock was awesome in The Blind Side. Though she's acted the same type of character in other movies (Miss Congeniality being one of them) she just might win. I'm actually surprised that Meryl Streep was nominated and not Amy Adams. Both of them were equally good.



Best Supporting Actor:
No idea, because I watched none of the movies except The Lovely Bones. But Stanley Tucci has a fat chance of winning. I'm thinking Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds. He's got the highest rating in IMDb.com's poll.



Best Supporting Actress:
Mo'nique
seems to be the favourite on the IMDb.com poll. Maybe she'll win. :) OH I loved her in Soul Plane!



Best Director:
Oh it's a tie between James Cameron, Kathryn Bigelow, and Quentin Tarantino. Personally, I don't think the academy is going to let James go home with an Oscar this year. Kathryn might get it. But then, the academy has never been fans of the war on Iraq, but then AGAIN this movie has been nominated for as many Oscars as Avatar sooo... I'm going with Kathryn Bigelow. :)




Now since I don't really care about the rest...We'll skip right to very last, that is:

Best Animated Picture:
I HATE to say this, but looks like Up's a shoe in for winner. Fuckin boring movie with no solid storyline. NO bold font for Up cos it's teh suck. :P



So there we go. My predictions. I hope I'm wrong about Up :)

No comments: